Technology and Innovation
- Invest at least $40 million in facility communication infrastructure for the advancement of public safety and community needs.
- Devote at least $30 million to fund innovations in the development of secure products to take on the ever-evolving challenges facing correctional agencies in the new decade.
STATUS: In Progress
- Developed and deployed new technology to reduce reliance on third-party payment services, eliminating their fees and bringing savings to impacted consumers by an average of 30% in the total cost of each call.
- Invested $2.3 million in new infrastructure to support modern technology at correctional facilities.
- Purchased new equipment for California correctional facilities to help expand communications options for incarcerated people during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Launched new JP6 secure digital tablet to support job training, education and communications.