“While Securus has reduced the average cost of calls by 30% over the past 3 years, not all consumers felt the same relief.”
— AVENTIV CEO DAVE ABEL
- Work with all of our institutional customers to broaden rate relief for more consumers by targeting the elimination of legacy outlier rates and reinvesting in the development of innovations and tools to further reduce costs.
- Work with institutional customers to implement lower cost-to-consumer commission alternatives across all correctional facilities regardless of the funding source and model determined by each locality.
- Reduce the application of third-party funding fees by investing in technology solutions where possible – and negotiating lower rates where outside vendors are still required – to provide savings to consumers of at least 35% on funding fees.
STATUS: In Progress
- Renegotiated contracts with 47 correctional agencies, slashing call rates that had previously exceeded national averages.
- Negotiated a new contract with a major county customer lowering the cost of phone calls by more than 60% for over 6,000 incarcerated individuals and their loved ones.
- Integrated commission-free and agency-paid options for telephone calls with both existing institutional customers and potential new institutional customers.
- Since January 1, 2020, incarcerated individuals have used Securus phone systems to make free calls valued at more than $20 million.
- Reduced call rates, bringing the nationwide average cost of a 15-minute phone call to $2.25
- Eliminated third-party financial service fees on vendors like Western Union and MoneyGram, resulting in a 50 percent savings for customers.
- Introduced paySupreme™, a pre-paid card that allows friends and family of incarcerated individuals to send money to a loved one’s account at a 30 percent discounted rate.
- Announced a new subscription pricing model for phone calls designed to provide consumers with a simple, pre-set monthly charge that allows for even more phone conversations with loved ones while simplifying billing and payment.